Thursday, November 10, 2011

Things, Lately

Well, things lately have been busy! I know I know everyone is busy, it's annoying and a bit cliche, but it's true! Nick and I have both been swamped at work (you know when my blogging is reduced that my work is increased), and to top it off Z was sick this week, the horror. No really, when Z is sick it's like a major family crisis, all family members are involved!

He woke up Monday with a fever of 100.8. We considered that low-grade, motrined him up and sent him to school. Don't judge me, we had no choice! My mom was out of town, and we both had mucho going on at work. Well, imagine my surprise when I got a call at 3 that Z had a fever (this time 102.9), dang it! In my defense, you know he got it from one of those children who's parents did the same thing we had to do. Yeah, I know not much of a defense. We're bad people, just get it out of your system.

So, I had to quickly finish up here, and run over to school Motrin in hand to rescue my sick baby. He was pitiful, pitiful I tell you! His cheeks were on fire, eyes red with dark circles around them and mopey as could be. It was sad. We decided it was a sore throat because he kept covering his mouth and saying/whining "mouthhhh."

Thankfully, I got to bring him straight home and snuggle with him, and he spent the next day with Nunna at our house. He was over it by Tuesday night/Wednesday morning. Thank you Lord!

Now onto other things, the time change really messed us up. I, for one, think the government shouldn't mess with the time. I mean, seems a little out of their pay grade if you ask me. Z went to bed earlier to correspond with a normal time, but woke up in the middle of the night, crying you ask, no, singing. I'm serious, the child sang songs at 3 in the morning. In my half-dazed state, I could make out "twinkle twinkle" and "all aboard the choo choo train" (a favorite tune of his). We rarely, and I mean rarely go in there anymore, I mean he has to be crying like full on for more than a few minutes, and he really doesn't do that. Clearly, if he were ever going to, then Sunday night should've been it, because the next morning was when he had the fever. Would the singing have clued any of you in? Didn't think so....

We usually hear him singing or talking to himself in the morning too, and that's how we know he's up. I can't believe it, but he hasn't made his way out of the crib yet. We are planning on converting it to a toddler bed soon, but I have to admit the sense of urgency is just not there since he hasn't figured out/gotten the nerve to climb out, yet. I do, however feel it could be any day now.

He cracks himself and us up on a daily basis with his funny words and faces. He's really super lovable (most of the time, I mean, everyone has their moments right). We are disciplining with timeout, which is only effective sometimes. He also sends himself to timeout on occasion. Whenever he gets into something he shouldn't or spills something, he says "Zaaaayda!" Which is exactly how I say it. So, I do think he understands when he does something wrong.

We now have the routine of reading a book to him while he's in bed. It is usually The Very Hungry Caterpillar, which he has basically memorized. Then, we have to sing "Itsy Bitsy Spider" while puppeting the hand motions on his 2 winnie the pooh's, and he joins in with his elmo. Then, he lays right down and knows it's time. That's not to say that he doesn't cry sometimes or stay up playing, but usually he knows that the routine means it's time to sleep.

Some funny things he's saying lately are
fire truck, which sounds like "a fiyer teee-RUCK"
"How 'bout??" then he fills in the blank with a food or song or animal he wants to make the sound to
When he hands you something, he says "Cake you, ya welcome"
He calls the TV, "teebee" and when he doesn't like something that's on, he says "no, no teebee"
He loves to request a show, then when it starts, he says no to it. We did this about 10 times when he was home sick.
He loves going downstairs and upstairs for that matter. We have taught him to go down the stairs on his bottom, so he goes to the basement door and sits on his bottom and waits for you to come open the door and go down with him. Of course, we have to go down on our bottoms too.

Sorry, no pictures in this post, I'm running out of room!

No comments:

Post a Comment