Monday, October 21, 2013

Perfect Fall Weekend

We had a fantastic weekend, which started off just the right way, with me and my babes hanging out at home.

IMG_9128IMG_9132

Lu’s version of a tupperware party!

IMG_9140

“Befeating the bad guys”

IMG_9133

After nap, we went to get Z’s hair cut, and Lu tagged along. He has been having more frequent less drastic haircuts now that we have a set person that does them. I like his hair longer anyway, and it’s not that hard to go on Friday afternoons every 4 weeks or so.

IMG_9148

I love seeing that little molar peeking through on her left side :).

We got home just in time to greet my sweet friend from college, who just moved back to Birmingham from Jacksonville and her precious 3 and a half year old who has already become fast friends with Z for a playdate/dinner date. I made lasagna and my dad and cousin Jude ended up joining us (my mom was in P’cola with my sis and her kids and my brother had a meeting or something). We had so much fun talking about everything from med school (especially when my bro stopped by to pick up Jude) to kids to breastfeeding and beyond! And the boys had more fun than you could ever imagine together! Sadly, I have no pictures to document that though.

Saturday, Z had a swim lesson, which he loved now that the bubble is up and the pool is heated. Nick said he did great. I stayed at home with Lu, because as great of a cheerleader as she may be, I’d still rather her cheer from home than to chase her around trying to stop her from doing a nose dive straight into the pool. We had just as much fun at home.

We wanted to go to the pumpkin patch but the weather was just yucky, and nobody was really in the mood, so we hung out at home, ate lunch, had naps then headed to one of Z’s friend’s birthday party at Heavenly Donut. It was so fun! They got to decorate donuts, and the parents got coffee and donuts too, genius!

IMG_9151IMG_9164IMG_9175

Lu LOVED it!

IMG_9173IMG_9172IMG_9163

After they got plenty of sugar in their tanks, they ran around that place like the crazy 4 year olds they all are, and Lu of course joined in like she was one of them!

IMG_9180

We stayed out after the party, went to Target bought more Star Wars apparel for Z and Nick as if we really needed that some fun things and then met my dad, bro, and sis-in-law for sushi YUM! I was so proud of Z and Lu, they were great! Lu ate fried rice like it was her birthday and Z chowed on some chicken fingers and fries, but more importantly they both sat at the table like relatively civilized children and allowed us all to have a relatively lovely evening.

We went home and watched the Auburn game while Z played his Nintendo DS. Vandy and Auburn both pulled pretty big upsets, which was a great end to a wonderful day!

Sunday was Z’s final soccer game of the season. It was a pretty day, and he had an awesome time running back and forth and scoring a few goals. I am going to miss seeing him run around the field every Sunday. Oh well, until Spring season….

IMG_9204

No comments:

Post a Comment