Monday, May 4, 2015

That Time I Actually Blogged

Whoa! I’ve been away for a while. Plenty has happened, I’ve just been busy reading other people’s blogs, catching up on my Netflix shows, and other equally important things.

One actual important thing we’ve done was Kindergarten orientation! Z has been a little nervous about starting Kindergarten since we started talking about it, nervous about his friends not being there, and having to go on Fridays (that was one of the first things he asked about), only to be relieved when he confirms that “August is a long time away.”

Needless to say, we were a little anxious about orientation, but felt pretty confident he would be excited once he saw everything, and boy were we right! It was such a sweet morning. We were in the Assistant Principal’s (who happens to be our neighbor) group, and Z said he loved everything he saw. As in, “The library, I love the library!” “Music room, I love music!” It was so cute! Then, as we were leaving he said “Is August coming soon?” I would say that was a success!

IMG_8613IMG_8618

Hubs was out of town that weekend, so we spent the night with Nunna and Jido. These two were excited!

IMG_8626

We went for a walk with Jido and ended up at the park.

IMG_8638IMG_8655

We decided not to stay over Saturday night, so we left and went to Target, otherwise known as the place where all the money goes and is never seen again. They got to pick out toys from Nunna, so their day was made.

IMG_8663

Saturday night, D and her kids came over then we all went out to eat. After dinner, I got a little snuggle time before the bed called all of our names!

IMG_8671

That Sunday I was on my own for Z’s soccer game. I got all his gear ready super early, so we even had time for pictures before. This is what they do when you tell them to pose. Lu said that was what she learned in her ballet class, and this was Z’s soccer stance.

IMG_8676

Since we got there early, I had plenty of time to unload chairs and snacks, and get settled in for a great game! Since they both did so well, I treated them to some Kona afterwards. It was a beautiful day!

IMG_8689IMG_8702

We had just enough time for groceries and baths before it was time to go pick up Baba from the airport. We enjoyed our time together, but we were soooo happy to see him!

No comments:

Post a Comment