Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Mom Fail: Halloween Edition

Well, it happened, Lu woke up Halloween morning with a fever. So, if you're keeping up, and I am, that would be 4 holidays in the past few years that include sick children (Z Memorial Day (doesn't really count, but I'm counting it), Lu Thanksgiving, Z Christmas Eve, now Lu Halloween). Not to mention the year that Z got sick while we were in Ohio. But, I digress

She was pretty puny most of the day Saturday, then perked up a bit and even put on her costume because she "had to get ready to go to Dean's house."
 


That energy didn't last long and we pretty quickly realized there would be no trick-or-treating for our girl. We'd had plans to hit up a neighborhood party, which I realized at about 10 o'clock Halloween night, they'd moved up in order to beat the rain, but decided I'd head to my friend's (whose son, Dean, is one of Z's friends) house. They were also starting festivities early to beat the rain, but somehow I still didn't get the figurative (or literal) memo, and ended up leaving at about 5 when trick-or-treating (and rain) had already (sortof) begun in our neighborhood, and by the time I got to my friend's house it was pouring rain! They'd already been limited trick-or-treating, and Z said he would rather play with them anyway, so we put it off. Then, it started absolutely miserably there's-no-way-I'd-willingly-walk-around-outside raining, and the night was over. In short, Z missed trick-or-treating this year, and I'll probably be sad about that for the next 364 days....

Okay, so enough depressing news. We did manage to go to Boo at the Zoo last week, which was a lot of fun, and there was a form of trick or treating there, so that's something.

Let's pretend those are pretty mums in those planters, mkay?!





Then, Thursday night was Z's school carnival, which was a rather large event, think limited parking, and little people, everywhere. It was a lot of (hectic) fun, and since it was on Z's turf, he kept darting in and out of classrooms playing the games. He didn't even bother waiting for me and Lu!




After all the games and my shift working the ever popular cake walk, we settled into the lunchroom for some dinner. These two were pretty hopped up on candy and sprite.



We made our way outside, where there were more games and bounce houses, and on our way out said hello to the Cinderella and the knights. It was a really fun evening!!

 

1 comment:

  1. Awwww, sorry about Halloween!!!!! Thinking about Z and his party at school makes me flash back to Heritage Halloween festivals and how much we loved them. Hope Lu is feeling better!

    ReplyDelete