Thursday, July 16, 2009

Growing and Growing

As both titles suggest, I have been expanding as of late. I am officially in my third trimester, and I am amazed at how quickly time is going by. Before I know it, it will be over, and then the real fun will begin. For now, we are thoroughly entertained by things such as the increasing convexity of my mid-section and my ever changing belly button.

This weekend we went to Target to pick out some stuff for our registry. It was a sea of bouncers, swings, pack 'n play's, strollers, and on and on. By the end we were lost and confused. And here I thought it would get easier as it came closer to time to have the baby. In the midst of our baby gear browsing, I had to go to the bathroom (shocker), and apparently while I was gone Nick snuck one of those home baby heart monitors into the cart. Well, observant as I am, I didn't even notice until we got home and he pulled it out to show it to me (Nick has always been really good at surprising me). Now, I am pretty skeptical when it comes to stuff like that, and I acted excited although in my head I was thinking, wow that was a waste of money. But, I went with it, and much to my surprise, it actually worked! We could hear a faint but definite and repetitive sound once we got it positioned correctly. Now, I know what you're thinking, but I placed in on my chest and the rates were distinctly different, so I knew it wasn't just my own heartbeat we were hearing. In fact, we separately counted and we both got 132 bpm as his little heartrate. I had to give Nick credit because this $20 purchase actually was worth it after all. It was just one more reminder of the miracle of pregnancy that we thank God for every day!

1 comment:

  1. I think I got the comment feature to work now. Please feel free to comment. I love knowing people are reading!

    ReplyDelete