Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Looking Ahead

Character... Teaching your children right from wrong, that it's not okay to pitch a fit in the middle of the grocery store or hit someone if they don't give you your way. How do you instill all of these values and raise happy healthy children? These are now the things that plague my mind as I get closer and closer to being solely responsible for another human being. Are some kids just born with an easy disposition, are some more aggressive? The last thing I want is for my child to be bullied, but what may be worse is the possibility of him being the bully. Can bad kids happen to good people?

Okay, that was my deep thoughts portion of today's entry for your reading pleasure. I don't think it has to be that complicated. My simple hope is that our son turns out exactly like Nick. I know, I've already dedicated an entire entry to him, and I don't want to get too sappy here, but I think we all are attracted to people that possess the qualities that we value and consider important. I've never met anyone in my life who is so kind, considerate, and compassionate, someone who never raises his voice or speaks out of line. The more people I am around, the more I realize how rare these qualities are and the more my appreciation for them (and him) grows.

So, if the answers to all of the questions above are simple and lead by example is the key to raising good kids, then I have no need to worry because between my husband and all of the wonderful family and friends around me, I believe Baby G will have no choice but to be great, God-willing.

No comments:

Post a Comment