Monday, August 24, 2009

I Guess It's Official

The Showers made it official, his name will be Zayd Pacha Gaxiola. After all, you can't change your mind after people have gotten things monogrammed for you. I will admit, even though we have known his name for a long time, it has taken me a little while to really commit to it, mostly because I think it's a huge responsibility to choose the name of another human being. Nick and I were pretty lucky on this one though, because we both liked the name Zayd the first time we heard it, and we never really found any other name we liked as much. One day, God willing, our little man will be reading these entries and he'll gain a little insight into what life was like before he entered the world.

So, this was my long awaited shower weekend, and were we ever blown away by the generosity of our family and friends. Friday was a lunch shower with our friends from Nick's work, at Chez Fon Fon. The great food and company was plenty, but on top of that we got some great stuff and a very generous gift card! So, for any of you who may be reading this, thank you thank you! That was a most wonderful showing of love for us and Baby Zayd!

Me and Nick at Chez Fonfon

Us with our sweet hostesses, Amanda and Heather

Opening gifts!

The coolest diaper cake ever!

Then onto Saturday, our shower at Julie's house. It was wonderful to see all of the people I love in one place! I'll never forget it, so for those of you girls reading this thank YOU! Here are just a few pictures of the wonderful event.

Mom with the door decor

Me with the beautiful hostesses

Me with Nick's sis, aunt, mom, and cousin, I'm so glad they came!

Chi O Picture

The awesome chocolate fountain

Me with my goods, AMAZING! Thank everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment