Thursday, September 3, 2009

All One Big Dream Sequence

I thought it would be fun to just write briefly about a couple of crazy dreams I've had lately. I've heard that you can have weird dreams when you are pregnant, and I want to be able to look back at this in a couple of years and laugh.

These are all about the baby.

So, one night I notice that I have a slit in my belly, and I think "oh, well that's perfect, I'll just reach in and get the baby, look at him and put him back." I mean, why not, right? So, I did just that, took the baby out of my belly, cord attached and all, got a good look at him and put him in to stew longer. Only when he went back in I noticed I had a big hole in my belly. Then I woke up relieved but also a little disappointed, because I realized I didn't get to see my baby and that I had to wait another 10 or so weeks. Odd, I know.

This next one sticks with the theme of things we wish were possible. So, Nick and I are up one night getting ready to feed our very new baby, and I realize we haven't changed his diaper in a while, so I tell Nick, "Oh, we need to change his diaper first," and the baby says (yeah, that's right, my baby was talking) "It's okay, you can feed me first, then change my diaper later." That's right, he was directing us. Hilarious!

In the coming weeks, I will probably be able to add to this list. At least I hope I can, because it sure gives me a kick. I also have to be thankful that I am sleeping well enough to have these crazy dreams!

3 comments:

  1. haha! I have gone through the same thing! No talking back but definitely weird dreams!

    http://volreeandnickwade.blogspot.com/2009/05/crazy-dreams.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lora, That last one was good, and maybe true if he's like his Father. He may be talking at like 6 weeks or so. I think that's the Gaxiola in him. Grandma G AKA Nana

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope our baby is the kind that gives directions!!!

    ReplyDelete