Monday, November 1, 2010

Halloween

Nick's college friends planned a cabin getaway this year for Halloween weekend, and Z's presence was requested. Even if it hadn't been, I probably would have taken him because I'm not sure I'm ready for a night, much less a whole weekend away from him, but I'm working on it. Anyway, three of the girls in the group (of 20) are pregnant, but otherwise we are the only ones with a child. About 10 days before Halloween, one of them requested that we dress up on Saturday night. It was going to be his birthday, and that was what he wanted. We racked our brain for the next week, and just couldn't come up with anything that would include Z and be funny. You see, we were going for pop culture/DIY type costumes because we didn't want to spend a whole lot of money. Besides, this will probably be the last time he will have no say so in what he is wearing. We thought of the gay couple on Modern family, but then Z would have to be a girl. We thought of Lucy, Ricky Ricardo, and Little Ricky, but there was going to be too much prep work, and we were closing in on 3 days till the weekend. Then, it dawned on me... Antoine Dodson. Enjoy...





I fully admit, this is probably inappropriate for a child of 13 months, but one day, we will explain it to him, and I think he will think we were pretty darn cool! For the record, he has some skeleton PJ's that he changed into that night, when he turned back into the innocent child he is.

We had an amazing time catching up, and I was so excited to see the preggo bellies (only one was really showing). Z was an angel the whole time, and we were told several times that we make parenthood look doable. I basked in the compliments and tried not to tell too many horror stories of the early days. It truly does amaze me sometimes that he is the same child. He didn't fuss at all and slept amazingly well! Even the car rides, which were long and not very far apart were great, except for the last half an hour or so. Even then, he was good once I went to the back and entertained/fed him some puffs.

We loved getting away but were all glad to get back home. Z, if you read this one day, at 13 months, you had the coolest Halloween costume ever (if I may say so, myself)!

1 comment:

  1. I am crying laughing over Nick in that wig. Best costumes ever!

    ReplyDelete