Monday, November 29, 2010

A Thanksgiving Miracle, Part 2

Last year on Thanksgiving, Z slept through the night for the first time. It was a wonderful day that I'll never forget. This year, he took his FIRST STEPS on Thanksgiving Day. I mean, the boy can perform.

My family went to Pensacola for Thanksgiving, but since Nick has been working so much lately, we decided to forgo the family trip and stick around the house and catch up on stuff. We were fortunate to get invited to our friend's house for an amazing Thanksgiving lunch and spent the day with them and their families. Everybody was so sweet to Z, and he was loving all of the attention. Nick just stood him up for a second and he took the plunge. He probably took 4 or 5 steps then lunged forward into Nick's lap. Then he did it a few more times after that. By Sunday, he was standing up by himself and taking a few steps. Here comes the fun, but let's be honest, it's been a while coming...

2 comments:

  1. Go Z! That's awesome! I love how he cheered for himself in the second video. :)

    And I'm a bit embarrassed to say that I may have teared up just a little bit...those milestones are SO FUN and it made me kinda sad that most of those are over. :(

    ReplyDelete