Wednesday, November 25, 2009

A Thanksgiving Miracle

To say that Nick and I are sleep-deprived has become an extraordinary understatement. I have referred to this in several other blog posts, so I'm not going to go into that again. No, this post is meant to signify a new era in the Gaxiola household. Yesterday (and the day before for that matter) was not so good for Zayd and his caretakers. Last night in particular, he was very fussy even while eating. I was exhausted from a long day at work and holding a screaming baby in my arms, and Nick had taken over for the last feeding. Zayd fell asleep before even finishing his last bottle around 10 p.m., and overall had had one less bottle that day than usual. 5:30 a.m. comes around and I shot out of bed like, wait a minute, where is my child? I asked Nick if he got up with him, and he said no. We went back to sleep only to find that Zayd did not wake up from his deep sleep until 7:30 this morning! You can pick your jaw up off the floor now...

As with my birth story, I was at my breaking point when Zayd decided to come through for me. I was just so tired of being tired, and beginning to think he may never sleep through the night. It didn't help that I had been hearing horror stories like a baby who had to be medicated to sleep through the night at a year old, but I digress.

This may have been a one night affair or the beginning of a new era for Zayd and us, either way it was much appreciated and needed and for now, we are going to refer to it simply as a Thanksgiving miracle!

2 comments:

  1. Yay!! That's great news! And, I love your hair curly at your office party. You look really fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am jealous!! We have been having a lot of sleepless nights around the Quinn household lately, and I am exhausted! She had been doing great before I went back to work but now she is all messed up. But even when she does sleep, I wake up constantly looking at the monitor wondering when she will wake up next. :) Glad Zayd is doing well! Here's to hoping he is turning over a new leaf in the sleep department.

    ReplyDelete