Monday, November 16, 2009

Zayd Loves the Weekend!

I feel like I have been giving Zayd a bad rap, and that's not fair because when he's sweet, man he's sweet! He and I spent most of Friday together and on Saturday we went and visited our friends Glenn and Shereen and their little girl Zayna. She is only a week old and sleeping 10 times more than Zayd ever thought about sleeping. She didn't fuss for a second while we were there. Zayd must have been feeling competitive because he was sweet the whole time too! He even did well in the car (which is a rarity). I will have to attribute that to the fact we now keep the windows down (I can't take credit for this trick, as Susie, who works with me, suggested it). Anyway, he loves the fresh air and the white noise puts him right to sleep! Note: this paci thing is also new and only works occasionally. After trying about 7 different kinds, we have settled on this one, which is the one they give for free in hospitals. Go figure!


On Sunday, he ate well and took pretty good naps all day. He was great for my friend, Julie who brought lunch over. He was calm the whole time we were chatting. Then, my mom and I took him for a walk on Lakeshore. He stayed in the stroller for about 1 mile, then we had to stop so I could tie him up in the sling, where he stayed for the next hour and a half while we walked and went to the mall.The whole weekend he went 3 hours between his feedings, slept pretty well during the day, had consistent 5 hour stretches at night (usually followed by a 3 hour stretch) and was just generally good company.

I am also loving this new thing he is doing where he wakes up, usually around 6 or 7, we unswaddle (yeah, that's a word) him and he just hangs out in the bed with us, looking around, kicking his legs and just generally enjoying life!

I'm not sure what has gotten into him. It may be that he's getting his reflux medicine 3 times a day now, or maybe that he's 7 weeks old. My mom seems to think it's because he got to spend so much time with his mama (I'd like to think that was the case). Whatever it is, I like it, and I hope it continues!

These pictures we took on Sunday. This outfit is 3 month, and I have been waiting to put him in it, well now it's almost too tight. He's getting a little chub!



Here he his after his bath, which is still one of my favorite things to do with him. He is starting to outgrow the sink, however.


1 comment:

  1. Good Call on the windows down.. i'll have to try that! We love to walk so let me know if you ever want to meet up one afternoon! I will be getting off work at 3!

    ReplyDelete