Saturday, November 28, 2009

Zayd 2 Months!

I can't believe it, Zayd's 2 months old! We had 2 full night's sleep in a row, now we're back to getting up at 1 a.m. But, I'm an optimist, so I'm taking it as a preview for things to come. I mean, no baby just sleeps through the night 2 times and then never again, right?

So, the real question: Zayd, what are you up to now that you're 2 months old?

1. You love the bouncy seat, most of the time. Somehow, last night when our friends, Ed and Forrest were here, you wouldn't have anything to do with it. Shocker.

2. You hate the swing. Not only does it NOT calm you down, but I'm pretty sure it pisses you off. Sorry for the language, Zaydo, but there's not other way to say it.

3. You love the bath. It chills you out instantly, but it's a lot of work, and risky because you sometimes get cold and pee everywhere. That was a real problem when I was bathing you in the kitchen sink...

4. You don't really love the car. We are getting much better with that, and I can't blame you, facing the back makes me a little car sick too.

5. You LOVE the sound of the hairdryer. It hypnotizes you. I wish I had that power.
We used to run it on cold all night to get you to stay asleep. I know, that's a little crazy. But don't worry, because being tech savvy as we are, we figured out how to record it and play it from an ipod dock, much safer. But it's so loud, I'm pretty sure all of our neighbors can hear it too.

6. You live for the sling. It's our go to, on walks, at other people's houses, the mall, even at our own house. If you ever lost interest in that, I'd truly have nothing left.

You wear size 1 diapers, you're still getting breastmilk exclusively, you sleep (at the most) 12 hours a day, and you've still never left Birmingham, but I think when you do, you're gonna love it!

Also, you're beginning to coo and make noises other than screaming bloody murder, grunting, and screaming bloody murder. That was really all there was before this point. You smile some, but I think you do it more when we aren't looking. We'll catch you one of these days, and when we do, we're gonna photograph the heck out of it!





3 comments:

  1. He looks like a little man now at two months. He fills out that outfit better now. I can't wait to see him. Grandma G

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lora- He just gets more and more beautiful. I will be in Birmingham in January and I want to meet this little man!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad things are getting better in the sleep department. His crying will get better, too, I promise! He is adorable and I know yall are having fun!

    ReplyDelete