Friday, November 6, 2009

4 Week Visit, Almost 2 Weeks Late

We had our 4 week doctor visit today. Yes, he is almost 6 weeks old. It's not exactly easy coordinating appointments when I am working, and my doctor is only there 3 days a week. Anyway, to get to the good stuff, he is 22 1/4 inches long (75th percentile) and weighs 10 lbs. 7 oz (60th percentile)! For those of you keeping up, that is BIG! So, mommy was proud, but we started talking and realized that Zayd just may have reflux. The doctor said he should be consistently going 3 hours between feedings, which he isn't, even when he's taking bottles of pumped milk. Long story short, this could be the reason for his previously unexplained fussiness and for the excessive weight gain. She seems to think that he is feeding to relieve the pain... Poor baby!

She gave us a script for Zantac to try for a couple of days, and we are going to see if that helps. I am not expecting any miracles here, but if it gives him some relief, then it was worth the trouble!

On a brighter note, he behaved really well at the doctor. He was very calm and didn't cry much, until that mean old nurse gave him his hepatitis B shot. I have never seen him that upset! He even had tears in his eyes! These pictures were taken before said shot.



4 comments:

  1. C STILL isn't going 3 hrs between feedings! I thought that would improve once she started getting bottles at daycare, but nope, still eating every 2 hrs. Our pediatrician said that was ok since she's going longer stretches at night without eating, but I feel like she should be able to make it longer than 2 hrs. Let me know how the zantac works because I have often thought that she probably has reflux.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you have a such a samrt petiatrician, I think he is going to feel better with the Zantac. He is growing so fast! I can't wait to hold again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Zantac is amazing... relieves my lil cupcakes heartburn, hope I can also take it to relieve my heartache! LOL Got it online at www.medsheaven.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also bought from www.medsheaven.com before and I highly recommend them, their medicines are authentic, medsheaven is the best online pharmacy

    ReplyDelete