Thursday, July 14, 2011

The Blues... The Cool Kind

Sorry I have been abandoning the blog lately. The funny thing about blogs is that when there is a big lag it's usually not because you're doing nothing, it's just the opposite! I'm very excited to say that my great friend Dr. Julie Smith has joined my practice, and we're both hoping to work a few less days a week to spend more time with our little ones. Very exciting, but a lot to do right now!

So, onto the fun stuff, we went to the beach last weekend to watch the Blue Angels air show. One word describes it: AMAZING. Seriously guys, the coolest thing ever. Makes me so proud to be an American! We all know by now about Z's love for "Air-pane's," so I was excited for him to see them fly, but worried about his little ears. We went through this last year, and being the sleep nazi I am, I let him nap through it. Well, history almost repeated itself... almost. We came up to the balcony for the last few minutes and he got to see them after he woke up. Still not sure he appreciates it like I know he will one day. I'm excited for that day to come!




Are they the coolest guys in the world or what? You really have to see it (and hear it) to believe it.

Blue what? I got my winnie and yogurt, I'm good! Thanks Nunna ;)

Z did relatively well in the car. He pretty much kept himself entertained, and fell asleep the last hour or so on the way down (which is usually the worst part anyway). And did almost better on the way home, which was much later in the day. We stopped once at McDonald's both ways, and Z tore up a McNugget meal, disgusting, but I used to eat them, and I guess I turned out okay. When we got home, he crashed, I mean straight to the bed, no singing, no reading, I think he was asleep before we even left the room.

We braved the crowds to hit the beach both mornings. I was very proud of us, because it's not easy toting a bag, chairs, a camera, and a 25 pound child in the 100 degree weather! We were lucky to find a spot that was shaded by the boardwalk to hang our hat. We never stayed too long, but we had a ton of fun while we were there. Z is definitely a beach kid!

Side note, thanks to the 31 Days to a Better Photo Series, I am now shooting in Manual (some), but still in a  very very, let's say, introductory fashion (as you can probably clearly see). But, I am enjoying my camera (and my 50 mm lens) so very much more now that I know a little more about how to use it.

 
Footprints in the sand


You can't got to the beach without getting your feet wet buried
Snack time!

All in all, we had a great time at the beach. Z ate well, slept well, and wore himself out playing between his cousins (more on that later), the beach and the pool! Can't wait to go back.

3 comments:

  1. These pics = amazing!!!!!! I havent seen that fella in too long!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So great that you and Julie will be working together and that you'll get to work less hours!!!

    Several things;
    -We saw the Blue Angels several times when we were little, and I agree- amazing. Watching the little fly-over that I wrote about in my 4th of July post made me teary. Embarrassing, yet true.
    -C has the matching girl version of that fish outfit. :)
    -C has eaten chicken McNuggets once and I wanted to vomit but it was the only option. And I used to eat them too. USED to. John STILL eats them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh and your pics are getting SO good!! Makes me want a new lens so bad!!

    ReplyDelete