Thursday, July 15, 2010

Beach, Finally

Memorial Day and the Fourth of July came and went, and though I was wanting to be at the beach so badly, I let them go because I knew we were going down for the Blue Angels. Well, then the oil hit and spread and there went my plan for Z to experience the ocean for the first time. Although, there were people on the beach and even in the water, we just never made it down there. My parent's condo overlooks the bay in Pensacola and is a short walk to the beach. Well, that might as well be a long walk because we rarely ever go down there. This past weekend was no exception. We still did some traditional things, like eating at Flounder's and Jerry's Cajun, but mostly we just spent time together, which is really the best part about it anyway.

I thought Z may get to see the Blue Angels, but he was super tired by the time the show started, so we put him down for his nap and watched them without him. I can't even begin to describe how amazing it was! I can't believe my parents have had that condo down there for so long yet it was our (Nick and my) first time to see them fly! We were so proud of our U.S. Armed Services, and particularly the U.S. Navy! I'm pretty sure that will now be tradition, and I'm sure Z is going to love seeing them too. Here are the pics from the weekend.

Flounder's, a family fav
When we thought he may be watching the Blues with us, we shoved these earplugs in his ears. He didn't love them

No comments:

Post a Comment