Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Day 2

Well, he didn't cry on the drop off, but when I went to pick him up, I noticed this...

Okay, seasoned working moms who send your kids to daycare/school, please tell me that this is normal, and that it will probably not ever happen again and that this dropping them off and relinquishing all control of what happens to them will become easier. I sure hope so, otherwise his daycare days may be seriously numbered...

On a different note, in too many posts to link to, I have mentioned that my child HATED the swing. It actually used to make him MAD. Well, as babies do, he has changed again right before my eyes. According to the webcam, he has taking his morning naps in school, in the swing... At 9 months old. At this rate, all the unpredictability and lack of control is going to kill me!

3 comments:

  1. Ouch! Poor baby, did he fall while standing up? Don't know about this?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really hate that this happened! MC has never had any bite marks/cuts/scrapes/bruises, but the babies in her class have only recently become mobile, so I'm sure it's coming soon.... That is weird about the swing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am impressed that by after only 2 days he wasn't crying!! That's awesome!

    If my memory serves me correctly, I think C came home with some sort of bump, bruise, scratch or bite right around 9 months. We were getting an incident report (or two) daily for a while there. That's right when all the babies start getting mobile, and they are climbing, exploring, and crawling all over the place. At first, it would irritate me when C came home all bruised, but I know that with a handful of children, you can't keep your eyes on everyone every single second. (Well, to be perfectly honest, seeing your child hurt doesn't get easier, and I still get slightly irritated, but the bruises have gotten much fewer and far between.) And it WILL get much easier to relinquish control...take it from me, a true control freak! You will grow to love those teachers!!

    ReplyDelete