Tuesday, July 27, 2010

10 Months

Have you ever wondered why plastic bags have written on them "This item should not be used as a toy?" Like, what imbecile would give a plastic bag to a child to use as a "toy?" I have, but then I gave it some thought and really what's not to love? It's bright, makes noise, changes shape, and tastes good. Okay, maybe I went a little far on that one, but perhaps it does taste good to babies. After all, aren't their taste buds different than adults? Sadly, I must admit that I now understand why they would have to spell that out. It's because babies do love non-toy items, like plastic bags, tupperware, and in the case of Z, mail/paper.  I have mentioned before that Z doesn't put things in is mouth often, so when he showed interest in our mail, I thought, might as well make use of the junk mail, thinking that the worst thing that could happen would be a paper cut. I left the room for a minute and came back to find him gumming going to town on a gross old envelope. I'm pretty sure he ate some. This theory was confirmed today during our 10 month photo shoot...

Z 10 Months! Sign safely out of reach....
"I ga I ga" (I got it)
Oh boy! Two pictures in, and there goes the sign
Z! No! Not before dinner!

I guess I asked for it. I knew of his tendency to paper eating, and I still let him have the sign. Here are the rest of the pics from the shoot.


The teachers at Z's school are telling me that he is doing so much better there. He is moving all around the room and playing with all of the cool toys and the other sweet babies in his class. He's napping well, and I would venture to say he is starting to like it.  I am very thankful for that school. They have been taking great care of Z. 

I am constantly watching him on the webcams, and I have to admit sometimes it cracks me up. Like the other day, when one of the other babies was sitting next to Z, then he took off crawling across the room, so Z turns and attempts to follow suit, as if he were an expert crawler (which he isn't). After about two paces, he just gave up and army crawled, which seems to be the preferred mode of transportation for long distances. So I just watched him work his little self across the room on his belly.

He is getting so strong on his feet and loves to pull up on things. He is changing everyday. He is rarely ever quiet and loves to blow rasberries in the car (non-stop). He is still sleeping great, and just generally happy. I am so thankful for every second I have with him. I simply love him!

3 comments:

  1. YAY about daycare getting better!!! I am very jealous that you can watch him when you have time. I love the past about enjoying every second. We need to hand out!! Want to have dinner Friday night?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is blowing rasberries?

    Love,
    Clueless

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like spitting continuously, making farting noises, to put it into terms you can relate too, haha!

    It makes spit bubbles that look like rasberries.

    ReplyDelete