Saturday, December 24, 2011

Christmas Break Part 1

So, we've had some excitement around here the past few days, I'm not even sure where to start! I was supposed to have my big gender reveal ultrasound next Tuesday, but my dad used his connections to get me one in Sylacauga. I mean I've waited long enough already! So, Nick and I both took Thursday off and drove down, and we arrived just in time to have (a big) lunch at the hospital with dad. Then we went to the house, put Z down and drove back into town (in the pouring rain) for the ultrasound. The doctor's office was closed, so we were the only ones in there, VIP style.

I had decided to make 2 sets of cake balls for the reveal, one blue on the inside and one pink and have the tech place the picture in the corresponding bag and seal it up. I wanted us to all find out at the same time. So, after a full hour of looking at our little sweetie, we headed home with our cake balls. We all got one out, took a bite, and they were PINK!
*excuse the roughness, that would be due to aforementioned pouring rain

I am first and foremost so thankful that the little bean is growing normally and healthily, and THRILLED it's a girl! After all, I have been suppressing my desire to look at hair bows and dresses for over 2 years now!

The funny thing is that I am in disbelief that it really is a girl. I tried to buy her a little dress for Christmas next year, and I couldn't do it, because I couldn't see a child of mine wearing a dress. I'm sure I will get over that soon!

We spent the night and had a nice big breakfast, came home rested and headed to Zoolight Safari! It was really nice, and Z was darting off in different directions the whole time. It was kind of exhausting, but I'm glad we did it. 


After chasing after Z seeing the sights, we were pretty hungry, so we went to Brio for dinner. Besides Z tossing a couple of crayons and pieces of chicken across the restaurant, it was a successful dinner venture. I saw that Santa was upstairs at Brookwood Mall, so we went in to give it a shot. Z was stuck to Nick for a bit, but he was okay, until we suggested he go see Santa, then he ran away screaming "noooo!" We figured, best not to push it.

 This morning, we let him open one of his presents from Nana and Tata (a.k.a. Santa) an Elmo guitar. He loves it!
Can't wait to see him in the morning when he opens all of his presents and sees his stocking!

1 comment:

  1. Yay!! You will LOVE shopping for a girl! Go ahead and start now during the sales! :)

    ReplyDelete