Monday, November 25, 2013

The Monday Blues

It’s Monday, it’s cold, and nobody felt like going to work/school today. Z was so whiney and sad when we were leaving the house. I could tell he just didn’t want to leave home. These are the kind of days that are really hard for me. I think it’s a combination of all the fun we had this weekend and the fact he’s been getting in trouble a bit at school these days. I’m sure it’s just a phase, but we’re on it, and I’ll update on how that’s all going periodically.

Friday, I had a meeting, so I did a drop-in at the school and spent a few hours shopping getting things done. It was very enjoyable, but I was so glad to pick up my babies.

We did our (new) normal routine of going to the gym Saturday morning. The first few times we took Lu she wasn’t so sure about child watch at the Y, but now she loves it. She doesn’t even cry when we drop her off anymore.

photo 1

Z’s swim teacher gets him from child watch for his swim lesson about 30 minutes in. He is doing really well with swim lessons. We’re going to stick with it through the winter, so hopefully by this summer, he’ll be much more comfortable in the pool. Notice, I’m not saying he’ll be a swimmer by next summer, baby steps.

We decided to venture out afterward this time, mainly because Nick needed a haircut. His place is right next to the new Winn Dixie, so I took the kids there and we shopped. It was super nice! I felt like we were cheating on Publix, but between the free flowers, all the samples, and the great selection, I didn’t even feel bad about it!

We were pooped when we got home, ate, took naps, and then Nick went to some men’s gathering and me, mom, and the kids went to Carrabba’s. They did great there! They both ate well and behaved for the most part. Z mostly colored and Lu played with her menu/colored too. Z’s coloring skills have improved dramatically in the past few months. I know that sounds crazy, but I was seriously concerned there for a bit (I mean, really I worry about everything).

photo 2photo 3photo 4

Z rolled up his artwork and made a “telescope” (which is a whole lot better than making it into a sword like we usually do….

photo 5

We were feeling good, and I rarely ever get alone time with my mom, so we thought we’d push our luck and head to Nordstrom Rack afterward. I love that place! Have I mentioned that before? Z was cold, but instead of putting on his jacket, he bundled up in my scarf, hilarious.

photo 1photo 2

Miss thang found some (way too big) boot(s) (she only wanted one) that she didn’t want to leave but we compromised and Nunna bought her some in her size.

photo 3photo 4photo 5

She is accumulating quite the shoe collection…

Sunday, we did nothing, which was wonderful.

photo 1

We ordered pizza and worked on the tree a little more, also wonderful.

photo 2

Z was all about the icicles, very concerned about making sure we had enough icicles.

photo 3

Yes, that would be Z hugging the tree…

photo 4

Then we ended the night with some Mario 3D World, the absolute coolest new game! Playing video games with Z has totally ramped up the level of fun! He’s really good too, I think we may have a little gamer on our hands.

photo 5

No comments:

Post a Comment