Thursday, December 5, 2013

Thanksgiving and Such

Now that Thanksgiving is long over, I guess I’ll try to sit down and blog about it.

Let’s see, there was talk of snow on Wednesday, I only remember that because it jeopardized my once a year “day of fun” (the one day that the kids’ school opens and my office closes). Fear not, they only had a delayed opening, which was actually really nice because I got to eat breakfast with them and hang with them for a while before school.

IMG_9769

I promised Z that I would pick him up early and overheard him tell his teacher “Ms. Tracye, my mom said she’s gonna come pick me up in just a few minutes.” Not exactly, but you better believe I wasn’t letting him stay a full day.

I went home and mashed some potatoes and made some desserts for Thanksgiving, which made things much simpler, totally worth it. Then, me and mom and Margo went went shopping (it couldn’t be all work and no play). The kids were excited to have extra visitors at pick up that day.

IMG_9778

We spent the evening at Nunna and Jido’s where an impromptu dance party took place.

IMG_9785

Then, Thanksgiving. All I remember was a lot of cooking and preparing, eating, then feeling very sleepy…

IMG_9786

We were happy to host my parents this Thanksgiving, and I was also happy to have both of my kids at our Thanksgiving table eating some of the food we worked so hard to prepare! That was a treat!

IMG_9806

IMG_9792

I really have very little recollection of the rest of the weekend, mostly because Lu started running a fever Friday afternoon that turned into a double ear infection, and I can only think in terms of degrees.

It was a great weekend though (besides Lu being sick). We even got in some decorating, video game playing, a Christmas movie (or two), a girls mall trip and a family trip to the outlets.

IMG_9756

IMG_9752

IMG_9760

IMG_9880

IMG_9886

IMG_9853

IMG_9828

IMG_9870

IMG_9861

No comments:

Post a Comment