Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Beach Trip Number 2!

How great is the beach? I mean, it has to be the best place on Earth, and we are so lucky to be so close! We are taking advantage of that fact by going 3 times this year (maybe I can squeeze in a fourth? A girl can wish!)

Nick’s fam went to Destin for a week, so we caught up with them for a long weekend while they were there! While we didn’t get everything packed the night before like we wanted (something always seems to get in the way of that, wink wink, Dad!), we did a much better job and got out the door at 8:30 a.m. on Thursday! The kids were excited, and Nick and Z wore their Star Wars vacation tees! Nick’s says “Luke, I’m on vacation –Darth” and Z’s says “Skywalker Family Vacation.” Hilarious!

IMG_2829IMG_2832IMG_2839IMG_2842

What a difference it made to leave early! We were on the beach by 1:30 on Thursday! I packed the kids lunches, and they had iPad and Nintendo DS to keep them busy. We only had to make one stop for gas about an hour out! It was amazingly pleasant (well, except about the last 30 minutes or so, but that’s to be expected).

We went straight to the beach condo Nick’s fam was staying in, and before I knew it Z was in his swim shorts and whisked away by Tata. It was awesome! We weren’t far behind, and the weather was gorgeous! Lu was a little unsure at first, but then she was all about building “purple castles!” She had a lot of fun with her cousins Emma and Addison!

IMG_2867

IMG_2858IMG_2865

Z was so sweet with Emma and Addison too. By the first night, they were already calling for “Zaaaaayd! Zaaaayd!”

Our little place had a bayview in the front, note the flooding, and an ocean view from the back. It was very spacious, and we all loved it!

IMG_2850

We had to take a second to pose for pictures.

IMG_3053

Friday, we went to 30a to have breakfast and hang out in Seaside. It was gorgeous and wonderful, of course.

 IMG_2914IMG_2919

IMG_2912IMG_2993IMG_2996IMG_2998IMG_2928IMG_2940IMG_2946

And, yes, Lu and I wore matching dresses, if that’s wrong, I certainly have no interest in being right! Haha!

We had dinner at Fudpucker’s, which saved us last time we went to the beach, but I almost think Z loved it more this time, especially because he got some major QT with the arcade.

IMG_2975IMG_2977IMG_2980IMG_2983

Yep, that’s a slinky (and apparently straight from the 90’s), and he was super excited about it. He was also debating between an airhead or fundip (see what $20 worth of tickets will get you? It’s impressive, I know). He chose the airhead, then we had to hear about how he really wanted the fun dip for the next two days. You’ll be relieved to know, he finally got it from a gas station on the way home! Yes, my child has extensive and very specific candy knowledge….

We had very full days followed by nice evenings on the beach while we there.

We flew the kite.

IMG_2878IMG_2886IMG_2875IMG_2889IMG_2892IMG_2903

Looked for crabs (my hubby’s favorite activity)

IMG_2986IMG_2988IMG_2991

And just enjoyed having our feet in the water!

IMG_3066

And watching too!

IMG_3065

Z was less than excited to leave, and he said, “Aw! I thought we were going for like a whole week!” Lu periodically looked at me and said “I like the beach” or “I see beach.” I would say they had a good time!

I have a few more pics to share in another post to come….

3 comments:

  1. I absolutely love the matching dresses! Can I ask, where did you find those??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Zulily!! They're Jelly the Pug, they have that brand on there all the time, and there are several styles. If you search on zuilily they may have some on there now :)

      Delete