Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Checkup Turned Fun Friday

We recently had a follow up appointment with Lu’s allergist. After having to reschedule it multiple times and finding out it was just a check-up, no procedures to be done, I almost canceled it, but since I already have so many Mom of the Year awards, I decided to do what the doctor told me, and go in.

At the end of the day, I paid almost $200 for my kids to play with trains in the waiting room, puzzles and books in the exam room, and get a 5 cent treasure from the treasure box and a dum dum…. Great, just like I thought, still allergic, still avoiding peanuts, thanks, bye bye.

IMG_5414IMG_5415

Then, there was mention of flu shots, ah ha my mom brain saw an opportunity to check one more thing off the to do list. And the toy shop turned into the little shop of horrors. I really did feel bad, for about a second, then I felt relieved, and Z is old enough that I was able to explain to him that the shot was going to keep him from getting sick, and everyone felt better.

Since we were already out, we headed to my favorite little mall, and played some more, bought some new books, ate lunch and cookies, and went home just in time for nap, ahhh! Let’s pause for a moment an appreciate naptime.

IMG_5416IMG_5420IMG_5417

IMG_5425IMG_5422IMG_5428

Z was none too thrilled about going to CFA, because “they don’t have toys, just books,” but these binoculars made a believer out of him! It was a super fun Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment