Monday, August 17, 2015

Z Goes to Kindergarten! (Part 2)

Well, Friday Z broke my heart started Kindergarten. It has been an awesome 6 weeks with him spending mornings with me and afternoons with Nunna! As a matter of fact, I sit here at work on Monday morning wishing he were sitting next to me begging me to let him “watch something” instead of reading or practicing his handwriting.

Thursday was meet the teacher. Nick and I blocked off our mornings so we wouldn’t miss it! His teacher was PRECIOUS, and we were all so excited to be there!

IMG_0367IMG_0373

IMG_0364

I took him straight to Nunna’s for the afternoon. Then, Friday was the big day, and we were ready (as ready as we could be, anyway).

IMG_0390 IMG_0396

*This adorable printable can be found here.

We decided to all go together, because how many times do you drop your first born off to his first day of Kindergarten? amiright?

IMG_0404IMG_0405

He did really well, and about two seconds after this walking in picture, when I couldn’t see him anymore, the full body sob hit me like a ton of bricks. Sunglasses anybody?!

That was rough!

Then, I get home and Lu is sitting quietly at the table, and when I remind her that she gets to pick her own show without Z interfering, I start crying again…. Sheesh, get it together, woman!

Lu followed me around all morning, and she was a SWEETIE! We ended up going to the grocery store together, having a quiet lunch and early nap, so we could pick up Z on time.

IMG_0413IMG_0418

Now, I use the term quiet loosely, because while Z was not there to argue with her about every little thing, she was certainly never quiet. She actually talked non-stop the whole day, including in the grocery store, and I loved every minute of it. I’m really looking forward to this special time with my baby!

In the meantime, I’ll be trying to get my emotions under control….

2 comments:

  1. This makes me tear up just reading it! It's so hard. I remember those full body sobs all too well. First grade is easier. Then only two more years until we get to do it again with the littles. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, rough! Lu tells everybody she can't wait to be 4 then 5, then she'll go to Kindergarten, ha! She's even already excited about EDP! Either it will be so much easier for our littles or they are going to freak out and realize it wasn't all it was cracked up to be! Ha!

      Delete