Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Z Goes to Kindergarten!

Way back when Z “graduated” preschool, I had this feeling like that should have been the end, but I really didn’t have any plans for summer at that point, so he continued through May, then on the last day of May it hit me, that June should be his last month in preschool and I should make some plans for July and the first two weeks of August, so I put in the notice and declared the “Summer of Z” would begin on July 1 (or after our 4th weekend in Ohio). He was to come to work with me in the mornings and then Mom would pick him up and take him to her house for lunch and the afternoons.

IMG_0155

It has been going really well. I made sure we had a Kindergarten workbook, several level 1 and 2 books to read (so he wouldn’t forget everything he’s learned), math flashcards (basic addition and subtraction), and lots of snacks and Netflix to get him through when I’m with patients (hasn’t always stopped him from coming into the room while I’m working or calling me when he needs something, but keeps him mostly in one spot). Needless to say, he much prefers Netflix over reading and workbooking, but who can blame him?!

This week we’ve had the most fun finding Waldo (and friends).

IMG_0178

We are almost to the end of this sweet little time, and while we’ve had our ups and downs, it has been awesome to spend time with him before he heads off to Kindergarten.

Speaking of Kindergarten, we must be getting close because we got this sweet little gift on our mailbox from the Elementary school’s PTO. When I pulled into our neighborhood, I spotted one, and registered what it was, so I had a few seconds to cry have a moment, then I was good when we got to ours. Z was really excited and so cute!

IMG_0182IMG_0192IMG_0197IMG_0203IMG_0207IMG_0210

1 comment:

  1. What a blessing that you were able to have that time with him! Sweet, sweet memories!

    ReplyDelete