Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Show and Tell Tuesday: Introductions

I am linking up today with Momfessionals (who I love and adore!) for Show and Tell Tuesday. Today is all about introductions, so, allow me to introduce myself.

Okay, that picture is from three years ago, this a much more realistic picture.

My parents are immigrants, but I am Alabama born and raised. I'm a dentist, a wife, and a mom to these two fun-loving sweet babies, Z and Lu, that I thank God for every single day!


It all started with this guy.


We met on New Year's Eve of 2004 (in Nasville), got engaged 7 months later, and then on December 16, 2006, a beautiful and unseasonably warm day, we got married!


I started this blog when I was pregnant with my son (who is now 6(!)) not really to document my pregnancy or family life, but just because I felt like writing. Of course, it quickly turned into a family blog because that's what my life is about!

As for resolutions, I'm really not that big on them, but I would like to finish decorating and furnishing my house (or at least the one room on the main floor that has been empty for a year!) and cook more variety and more often. Nick and I also want to try and have more date nights and go to at least one concert again this year (that was one of our goals at the beginning of last year).

The main thing I strive to do this year and every year is be present in the moment and in life. Parents tell me all the time to enjoy my kids because they grow up so fast, and maybe that's another reason I blog, because I feel like it lets me hold on to a fleeting moment just a bit longer. I know it goes by fast, and I never want to look back and think of how much I missed out on because of worry or fear or anything else trying to steal the moment from me.

So, that's it, in a nutshell. Thanks for stopping by! I hope you'll come back check in to my little world again soon!


3 comments:

  1. Beautiful!
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com
    scoopfromahandicapper.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I share your thoughts about blogging in order to hold onto the fleeting moments! Having more date nights is a great resolution!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I live in Alabama, too! What part do you live in? And we just built and moved into our house this past summer, so I'm working on furnishing it little by little. It's nice to know we're not the only people with empty rooms in our house haha! My dining room is next on my list--I'm just having a hard time finding something that I like!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete