Friday, June 5, 2009

Surprises

As I pulled into my parking spot at home this afternoon, I realized that today, my day off, was filled with some let's say, unexpected moments. Some of these moments were pleasant some more unpleasant. Let's start at the beginning.

I was proud of myself for finding my way to my doctor's appointment. This was the first time I had to navigate that crazy place with out my directionally stable husband... pleasant. I got to hear Baby G's little heartbeat, which was very strong... pleasant. My doctor told me to schedule my next 2 appointments including my third trimester ultrasound. I walked out to schedule and the receptionist tells me they no longer do ultrasounds on Fridays, to which I responded, "Ever?!" And, she just looked at me like, no, and how dare you question me... extremely unpleasant.

Next, I head to the mall, a place of general pleasantries as far as I'm concerned. Today, it was particularly pleasant for 2 reasons. First, there was a great shoe sale at Gus Mayer, and second, today I discovered the double doozey from Great American Cookie... very very pleasant. The trip was not without some unpleasant encounters. In short, an unnecessarily lengthy conversation with the saleswoman at Motherhood... maybe not unpleasant, but certainly unfortunate.

Last but not least, I headed to the car dealership for a service appointment. I arrive on time a little disappointed that I forgot my book, but I had a magazine to help pass the time. I thought maybe there will be something interesting on TV. It was on Fox News... unpleasant (for me). But, my magazine was good, and I actually managed to sleep in the chair for about 45 minutes... pleasant, but my total wait time was 2 hours and my ipod was dead... unpleasant unpleasant. To top the whole day off, their car wash machine was broken... I think you see the pattern here.

Needless to say, it offered me some material for my blog, and kindof makes me think life is probably just a series of pleasant and not-so-pleasant events. But, it's always better emphasize the positive and remember your blessings. For me, I will be focusing on the deliciousness of the aforementioned gooey cookie filled with icing...

No comments:

Post a Comment