Monday, September 27, 2010

Happy First Birthday Z!

Z is 1 today! It has been the best day! I think he knew it was his birthday because he woke up in the best mood! Nick and I both sang Happy Birthday to him right when we went in his room, then he was smiling all morning! The school drop-off went well, and I got to pick him up early. When I got there they were having "birthday muffins," and Z's was GONE! I mean, there was nothing left but crumbs! 

He was really excited to see me, and of course, the feeling was mutual. His teachers said he had a great day, and they made him a huge birthday card with all the babies from his class footprints on it (which will be displayed at the party). I guess I was in a great mood too, because I found myself telling everyone I came across "He's 1 today" (like they cared, they were probably thinking, this woman is crazy and obsessive).  Say what you will, but it paid off because the lady at Publix gave him a balloon (which he loved). 
 Hey everybody, I'm 1 today!

Here are a few more pictures I managed to take this morning.




All smiles, until this one. This is the focused face he makes when he's standing up. It's almost like he's counting to himself 1-mississippi, 2-mississippi... By about 3 or 4 he's usually on his butt.
Oh Mama, that stupid face you make is so funny... (I actually think he's thinking, she is so not funny, but I'm gonna laugh anyway just to make her feel good)


I am so loving this stage. I know I say that every time, but it is so fun. I love taking him places with me now, and playing at home with him. I love it when he sees me from across the room flashes his 3 teeth at me in his cheesiest of grins, and bolts toward me. It is the greatest. I love to watch him stuff piles of food in his mouth. I even love it when he pushes food (sometimes that he just had the day before) away as if it is offensive to him that I am even offering it. My favorite thing is to hear him babble. I can't even spell out the sounds him makes, but he loves to pull up to a book and flip the pages making all of these weird sounds as if he is reading (video of that coming up).

He is doing great with his sippy cup and whole milk. He is totally weaned, a process that was not as painful or difficult as I was anticipating (more on that later). 

He is on mostly table food. We still do the occasional jar of baby food, if we don't have time or we go out to eat. He'll pretty much do either. He loves cheese, but other than that it just depends on the day. One day he'll devour strawberries, and the next day he won't touch them. I can't even list all of the new foods he has tried. He certainly doesn't eat anything you put in front of him, but I would say he's a good eater.

We haven't had our check up yet, but I suspect he's going to be on the low end of the charts. He can still wear a lot of his 9 month clothes, but as most moms know it depends on how they run. 
He still sleeps so well, and I fully realize that we are spoiled. He usually goes down around 7, but if we have to keep him up for some reason, he usually can make it. He takes 1 or 2 naps, depending on the day, and they are usually pretty long (Mommy loves naptime! Have I mentioned that before?)

So back to birth day. We ended the day, as we usually do with a bath. I let him stay in there for a while tonight, because he was having so much fun, and I just love watching him too!


I love you, boo boo! Can't wait, God-willing,  for many more birthdays with you!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday, Zayd!!! I am so glad y'all had a fun day! I love the bath pictures!

    ReplyDelete