Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Change

No one likes change, changing schools, changing jobs, changing homes. It's makes us just a little uncomfortable. I am referring to Z's classroom change, which included new teachers and a new sleep location (namely a nap mat on a cot on the floor).Well, you can imagine how it must be for a small child, but as usual he took it much better than I could have imagined.  In case you don't remember, I'm a sleep nazi. I am all about some sleep for my child, so naturally, I was very worried that we were going to be facing week(s) of not napping because of the drastic sleeping arrangement change.

Day 1: 2 and 1/2 hour nap on the nap mat on the floor. What? How? Don't know, but he did it, and I'm a proud mama.

He actually has transitioned very well in general. He hasn't cried once on the drop-off, and today he nearly jumped out of hub's arms to get to the floor to play.

2 comments:

  1. Glad he's sleeping well!! I called on Monday to check on Mary Charles and her teacher said, "She is walking around giggling. She's been doing that all morning." Not really sure how to feel about that??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I told ya, those teachers are amazing! C has been doing it since she was 9 months old! And I'm impressed that the drop-offs with the new teachers are going so well! It took us many tearful weeks to get to where she would willingly go to her new teachers in the morning. Not fun.

    ReplyDelete