Monday, January 17, 2011

Z, and Update

Since I have stopped doing monthly posts, I feel like I haven't been able document as much as I would like. So, here's an update on the Z man. This stuff is usually fascinating to me, mildly interesting to other moms, and pretty much sleep inducing to all others, so feel free to skim, but I will try to make it as interesting as possible.

He's walking everywhere now, getting faster every day! I have been at home a lot lately, holidays, snow days, etc. When I'm home he follows me around everywhere I go, change clothes he's there, laundry he's there, wash dishes he's there, go to the bathroom, sorry to say... he's there. Well, I can't very well leave him alone in a room. He's liable to climb into a shopping bag, not know how to climb out and burst into tears (not that that has ever happened or anything).

He's saying all kinds of words, some identifiable, some not. My favorite being 'Up' which now is like "uhhhh... pah." He's also says 'ahck' for sock, and picks up anything that looks like a phone, holds it up to his ear and says 'ah-lo.' Okay, that may be my favorite. He's waving and saying 'by-by' and telling full blown Z stories that sound something like this 'acken acken acken ackeeeen aaaacken' with many changes in inflection and complete with hand gestures.

He dances whenever where ever he hears my dad sing his little song. I'm sure I have referred to that once before. Let me just say that the boy has rhythm!

He loves fishsticks and chicken nuggets! I know what you're thinking, but people, I've tried. There are countless posts about how hard I have tried! Heck, I'm still trying, but I've almost lost the battle. There have been many a night that I make a perfectly delectable and healthy meal for him complete with all the food groups, and he won't go near it! Now, he does eat some good things like bananas and peas. And he eats as much cheese and yogurt as I can stand to give him. But, maybe I should cut him some slack, after all he only has 6 and 1/2 teeth, and really how in the world can eat everything with just 6 and 1/2 teeth? The greatest mystery of all in the food department is that sometimes what he won't try with me, he'll eat if Nick gives it to him. And, when all else fails, my dad steps in. He'll eat anything if it comes from him. I have no good explanation for that.

He still sleeps very well, and I am now convinced that as a teenager, I am going to have to coax him out of bed every single morning. Perhaps I created a monster, a very well trained, sleep-loving monster. Faithful readers (if there are any), if I ever complain about him sleeping too much, please remind me of the old days... or slap me, whichever's easier. It really is a blessing that he is such a great sleeper. He goes down without a peep at (and sometimes even before) 7, and we rarely hear from him before 7 a.m., sometimes 8 or later! He naps at around 11:30 and usually until 1:30 or 2, but it can be as late as 3, and mommy loves naptime!

There are countless other fun goings on these days. He is truly changing every day, and I feel so blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment