Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Weekend with Grandparents

This past weekend, I had to take CE classes Friday and Saturday, and hubs had to be at work for half the day on Saturday, and we both went to his firm's annual after-holiday party Saturday night. So, needless to say, my parents got some major QT with Z! They went for walks, played outside, took naps, and ate a lot. Well, Z ate a lot because my mom insists on feeding him 24/7. They even took him out to Carrabba's on Saturday night. It was hard being away from him so much on the weekend, but we were comforted knowing he was in good hands.

When I got home on Saturday afternoon, this is what I saw.
Note: I cropped what they were "reading" out of this picture because it's definitely a Pottery Barn catalog we received in our mail that day.

I also got periodic updates from my mom, which sounded something like this:

Me: How's Z?

Mom: He's good, honey, I fed him some cheese, applesauce, a cereal bar, and some yogurt.

Me: Which meal was that?

Mom: Oh no, honey, that was just a snack, he also took a 3 hour nap and had 2 very healthy poops.

Me: Are we talking about an 89 year old man now?

He had a climb to give his Jido five.
I'm guessing he was "saying" something here. 
As seen in the previous post, there was some passing around of mom's sunglasses
Is this right?
I'll just have those
Sunday, it was just us again, and we had a very relaxing day. I spent the latter part of the afternoon jamming at Zumba for the second week in a row, then we settled in and watched the SAG awards. I love award season!

1 comment:

  1. Your convo with you mom made me laugh out loud!! :)

    You are blessed to have your parents so close by!

    ReplyDelete