Wednesday, March 9, 2011

I Need an Interpretor

It is day 6 in the Gax household of dry nose, healthy appetite, funny, sweet baby love. To clarify Z has been back to his old tricks for almost a whole week, and amazingly for the first time in months, he has not had a runny nose for more than 2 days. Praise the Lord, and now it'll probably start back up again.

The doctor visit went fine. I saw one of the senior doctors in the practice, and he found a little residual fluid in Z's left ear, but said since he is acting normal (which he was in the office, in fact, he was quite pleasant even though we had to wait a while) that we didn't need to treat it with antibiotics. Great! I said, believe me, I didn't come here to get more antibiotics. I was trying to show him that I'm one of them, you know the anti antibiotic people that think that every time someone uses antibiotics that he or she is perpetuating superbugs like MRSA.

In other news, he gained a whole pound since his last checkup! The only way I can explain how he gained a pound in 3 weeks, when for 2 weeks and 5 days he would barely eat anything is that he stayed with my mom for the other 2 days. That woman is a monster when it comes to feeding Z. This time, I'm not complaining because I don't want my kid to be scrawny!

I made a point to mention the no call episode, which the doctor denied and blamed it on poor cell reception, really, dude it ain't the 90's. NO ONE CALLED, deal with it. It's all good though, as I say, all's well that ends well.

Z has been cracking us up on a daily basis. Whether it's new words, his new cheesy smile, or his special Z language, we are constantly entertained. 

Here's a video of said language I took the other day at bathtime. PLEASE excuse the fact that one or both hands are keeping a firm grip on the family jewels. It's beyond help at this point.

4 comments:

  1. Haha I think Z and C could communicate perfectly! :)

    And that antibiotic comment cracked me up! I am the same way...whenever they give us an antibiotic I want to say "please don't do that because you think it will make me feel better. I really don't want her to take one!" :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad he is feeling better!It sounds like he is talking about chewbacca in the video and was very amused that he could say such a big word! Nana Gax

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have to get Z and MC together. She sounds just like this!! They would have a great time- except that MC would probably bite him... He is relly adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This made me LOL. Carson does the exact same thing (talking and the gripping jewels lol.) It's definitely entertaining to see their little faces so serious. Like, "why aren't you understanding me?"

    ReplyDelete