Monday, March 21, 2011

Hmm...

I recently printed my first blog book of my first year blogging from blurb.com, so I was looking back and remembered that my first entry was about a little fender bender my mom had in my dad's car. I remember thinking it was kindof a weird occurrence that I wanted to write about, and from there the blog was born. Ironically, we  had a strange incident the same day that book came in the mail that is probably too weird not to document. I'll begin by saying thank God, we are all fine. We were returning to our house from the condo on Friday night and were almost to our turn off of 280, when something came flying off the 18 wheeler in the adjacent lane. Assuming it was a piece of rubber from a tire and that we had just run over it, we didn't give it much thought, until seconds later when our check engine light came on and we saw smoke arising from the hood. Thinking we must be overheating, Nick turned the a/c off and it went away, until about 3 minutes later when we pulled into our driveway and our temperature gauge shot into the red. When we got out of the car this is what we saw.


Yes, that's right, a stake right through the heart of our little car. It was quite a surprise. So, now we're down a car and all that goes along with that until this gets fixed. What are the odds?

2 comments:

  1. LORA PACHA GAXIOLA. That is crazy. I have always been terrified of things in the road and that get thrown at my car. Now I am even more so!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg!!!!!!! So thankful y'all are okay but that is definitely no fun:( let me know if I can do anything for you!!!

    ReplyDelete