Thursday, September 1, 2011

Before You Call DHR...

He fell "out of his chair" at school. No, not like "oh my gosh, Lucy, that story is so funny I almost fell out of my chair!", more like "Hey everybody, I'm almost two, and I can scoot around in this chair that's 1 foot off the ground" fell out of his chair. Well, from what I gather that's what happened anyway.

And this happened, wait for it, the DAY BEFORE his photo session. Are you kidding me? Is it wrong that that was my first thought when they called and said "Z fell and bumped his head, he has a large knot right between his eyes"? I'm sure it is, but the next question was "Do I need to come get him now?" They said they were icing it, and he was okay. They just wanted to let me know. Let me know?

Anybody who works and puts their child in Daycare knows the feeling you have when you get "the call" from the school (okay, I'm using a lot of quotes in this post, sorry I'm in that kind of mood). It's goes a little something like this,

"Hi, this is such and such from blank school, we're calling about your son blank."
"Yeah, yeah, get to the point, is he okay??? Hurry, tell me now!!!!"
"He's fine, he just (insert, fever, throw up, hit/bit someone, fell, etc etc.)"

So, needless to say, we are rescheduling the shoot.

Here are a couple of pictures hours after the incident

The next night. Okay, now you're thinking what happened to this kid? But you should see the other guy. No, seriously, I'm not sure where that scratch came from by his mouth, but when I went to get him, he was going to town on a rocking horse out on their playground, so I can only imagine.
Close-up of the black eye (and scratch)


1 comment:

  1. Oooooh noooo. I feel like kids have a way of knowing when photo shoots occur. The joys.....

    ReplyDelete