Friday, July 5, 2013

Fourth of July

This has been the rainiest fourth in a long time. I had envisioned spending time at the pool grilling out and going to fireworks, but instead we went to the mall, still grilled out, and went to bed early with the sounds of fireworks ringing in our ears. 



We had a great time at the mall. The kids did great. Of course, it was mostly about them, until Lu fell asleep in the stroller and I snuck into Loft, then it was about me just a little. But the rest of the time it was about them. Z even got to play at the Lego store and the arcade. 



And of course, we had an all-American food court lunch that everyone enjoyed. Lu especially devoured her nuggets and fries!






Before we got our food, I put out some puffs for Lu, which of course Z always wants to eat all of a sudden because Lu eats them, but it was a really cute moment because they were feeding them to each other. Lord knows they don't always get along, but that was some sweetness.


Even though I usually get Z's shoes on Amazon, we still like to hit Stride Rite every time we go to the Galleria (which is not too often), and we always seem have luck there. This time we hit the jackpot when we found the coolest shoes ever. I was more than a little reluctant at first, but when I saw his face light up when he heard Darth Vader's breath coming out of them, I, as well as the shoes, was sold right then and there. 




It was a near perfect day. Nick grilled burgers, I made baked potatoes and what turned out to be an amazing Mix and Match Mama bundt cake. Z and Baba played Lego Star Wars on the Xbox, then we all crashed!




Can't wait for the rest of the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment