Saturday, July 6, 2013

The Life of a 3 1/2 Year Old

As I write this post, I am sitting in the bed with Z and Nick, and they are playing Lego Star Wars on the Xbox, otherwise known as Z's favorite thing to do in the world. I can say with fair certainty that (at least at this moment in his life) it is his happy place. I have waited a long time for Z to show that he really loves something so I could experience the joy of getting it for him or watching him do it. My dad has tried to explain this phenomenon to me in the past, but now I really get it. You know, when you go out and spend lots of time and/or money pursuing something for your child, whether it's an activity or a toy or a hobby, you would do anything to give it to them, just so you can see the happiness that comes to their face.  That is what we are experiencing right now with the Star Wars craze that he is in.


The only person that has it worse than me is Nick, he's the one that really introduced Z to Star Wars, all the characters, what it all means. He's the one that went to Target late one evening on the way home from work to surprise Z with his beloved light saber, which they use to have duels every night before bed. He's played Lego Star Wars with him every weekend night for the past couple of weeks (a LOT over this holiday break). I think that's what makes this even more special is seeing them share this love. I hope it continues, and I know there'll be even more things like this in the future, and I can't wait!

We are so loving our long break with our babies and feeling very blessed and thankful!





No comments:

Post a Comment