Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Beach Week

We had the best time at the beach. I don’t even know where to begin, but we did everything and nothing all at once and we truly enjoyed it. We ate sno cones, walked around

IMG_1890IMG_1898

shared kisses

IMG_1919

ate outside

IMG_1938IMG_1960

flew kites

IMG_2021IMG_2065

swam in the ocean, built sandcastles, ate snacks under the umbrella, shopped, napped, caught crabs, had seafood, donuts, ice cream and took in everything wonderful about beach life and we did if for a full week!

We loved our little townhouse, it was steps from the ocean and very cutely decorated. Lu had to sit on about 3 towels to reach the table, admittedly because a booster seat was not even on the radar.

IMG_1778

We would take them out on the deck for sunscreening first, then head out for the morning.

IMG_1780IMG_1783

You may notice my children wearing the same swimwear throughout the entire trip, that is because of several things that ended in failure. First, I put all of their swim stuff in a little beach bag, like rash guards, swim diapers, everything for both of them…. Next, the bag didn’t really seem like luggage (to Nick, I’m guessing), Third, I’m not 100% the bag made it to the luggage pile. What I’m trying to say here is that the “bag” (with all their swim stuff that I had been accumulating all summer so we would have a diversity of nice comfortable attractive swim stuff to choose from on this trip) was left behind…. Along with a box of diapers and wipes that I had packed up for the trip. This could be blamed on anyone or thing, any occurrence that surrounded our departure and the night before that I am not going to get into. But, suffice it to say we were pretty disappointed but truly made the best of it. Publix had a great sale on diapers, and I went shopping our first full day there and found his Superman swim shorts, and we got some very cool other ones from Seaside Kids. Aaaand. I just happened to throw in two of Lu’s second string bathing suits right before we left so she was good. Okay, enough about that

I was surprised Z and Lu both loved the sand and the ocean. After breakfast, we would go out and stay out until lunch, then eat and take naps, all of us! After naptime, we would venture out to Seaside or Destin,IMG_1789

IMG_1821

or sometimes, go nowhere and just cook and go back out to the beach for sunset (arguably the best time to be out there).

IMG_1857

IMG_1863

IMG_1986

IMG_2004

I have lots of iphone pics and a few funny stories that happened while we were there. That will come later (hopefully), but that’s it for now.

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely love Lu's pink & yellow dress, may I ask who makes that?? Looks like you guys had a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Shannon, it's 'jelly the pug' got it on zulily :)

    ReplyDelete