Tuesday, December 22, 2015

School Parties, Two outta Three Ain't Bad

Last week, Z and Lu both had their class parties and Lu had her dance party. Nick and I ended up making it to both of their school parties! I wasn't sure I'd be able to make it to Z's, but it turned out I was able to, and I was so happy!



I actually got to his school a little early and watched him and his friends "playing" on the playground (it looked more like tackling/wrestling to me, but I digress). For the party, they had a special snack, did a little craft, and then played sight word bingo. It was super cute!

We spotted Z's artwork on the way out.


 If I were a snowman at night, I would.... have a snowball fight, play a football game, and sled down a hill doing cannon balls, and karate kicks. I mean, how cute is that?!

Thursday afternoon was Lu's party, and they were doing a little program, Christmas songs with jingle bells and maracas and such. We'd talked about it several times and sang all the songs in the car. I just knew she was going to delight us with her singing, and then I walked in, and then she started crying, and then she never stopped. The.Whole.Time.
 
Not exactly what I had in mind.



She was sitting there in the front for the first two songs, then her teacher got her to sit next to her, but it didn't help. As soon as the torcherous (apparently that's not a word) singing was over, she was happy as a clam, ate all her pizza and cookies and acted silly, laughing and having a good ol time. She was like a different child. #itainteasybeingthree



Nana came into town Thursday evening, so she and I got to go to Lu's dance party on Friday. Needless to say, I was worried about how she'd "perform" after the school party debacle, but once she got past some initial jitters about going in, she had a great half class, then we got to go in for the performance, and she was awesome (mom bias). She was dancing, cheesing, waving. I was so proud!


 


After the performance, they had a special snack, and sister was serious about her snack.


After dance, we walked around Homewood and ended up at O'Carr's for lunch. It was a beautiful day, and we had a perfect girl's morning out! It more than made up for the lackluster performance the day before.

 

1 comment:

  1. I am dying at Lu's school performance! That is so sallie cate!

    BTW I am terrible about reading blogs and am catching up. I'm so impressed with how well you keep up your blog. I have GOT to do better!

    ReplyDelete