Monday, December 7, 2015

Weekend Wrap-up

This weekend was super busy and super fun. Friday, we had ballet then I had a thousand errands to run, including going to Trader Joe's (a.k.a. the most fun grocery store around). I've always had good experiences at TJ's, but Friday turned a little rough when I let Miss Priss take over cart duty, stopped to take a picture (mom fail), and she knocked over a bag with a six pack of bottles of beer. It got really rough when the cashier and the beer buyer looked at me like I was a 2-bit criminal. #accidentshappenpeople

Of course, it was probably the fact that I was photographing her at the time of the incident, but it's not like it was a vintage bottle of Dom. It's Trader Joe's, it probably cost $3.49!


Anyway, I apologized and walked out to the parking lot, then another TJ employee approached my car, and I thought, really, they're going to turn this into a thing, but turned out she just wanted to help me with my cart. I apologized again for the incident (which she knew nothing about), and she was like, it's no big deal, happens all the time. That made me feel better, but dang, if I didn't love it so much, I'd consider not going back for a while after that. Who am I kidding? I'll be back, but maybe I'll just keep the phone in my purse next time. 
 
Friday afternoon, my friend and her boys came over after school, and I picked up one of our other friend's son from Z's school too, so it turned into an impromptu play date. The weather was nice, and I got to visit too, so it was a win win!


Friday night was Nick's work holiday party, which turned out to be a lot of fun. It's always nice when you have an excuse to get a babysitter, dress up, go out and have adult conversation, even if it is just for a couple of hours!

Saturday, we headed to Gadsden to spend the day with our friends. The kids, while slightly rambunctious, had a great time, and we had fun visiting too!!

 

 

That night we went to Noccalula Falls to see their Christmas lights, and it was beautiful! There were so many lights, and it was a perfect night! 

 

 

Before we went in, the kids did these bubble thingys. I was not sure about them, but they actually loved them!


We went to a Mexican restaurant for dinner after the falls, and my children were being B-A-D, but it was still really fun. We drove home and all crashed!

Sunday, we worked around the house in the morning, hung up Christmas lights, then Lu had a birthday party to go to and Z had one too. Lu's was at Oak Mountain State Park and the majority of the party was spent chasing feeding goats and other farm animals. 


We left a little early and met Nick and Z at his friend's birthday party. It was a football party at a park, and it was really cute to see him with his school friends. 


He even scored a touchdown!


Sunday night, it seemed I had another thousand errands to run, so Nick bathed the kids while I grocery shopped and such. We settled down with some Publix fried chicken, watched some TV and all went to be early. It was a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment