Wednesday, December 16, 2009

The Evolution of Zayd

It's amazing how much Zayd has changed and yet some things have remained the same. We are definitely enjoying more quiet alert periods and he is babbling more than ever, but he still sometimes fusses for what seems like no reason (My theory is that he gets overtired because he still struggles to take good naps, but I won't go into that). Here are some more new things he is doing lately with pictures and video.

Watching TV on my lap or sitting in the boppy. Yes, I realize that he is not "watching" General Hospital with me, but he stares at the TV (I try not to let him see the steamy scenes, just in case).

Laying on his back in the crib and staring at his mobile, especially right after he wakes up. Now, I'll be the first to admit, I thought mobiles and stuffed animals were more for decoration than anything at this stage, but he does in fact like them. He particularly seems to like his Winnie the Pooh. (Excuse the hairdryer sound in the background of this video, he still likes to sleep with it playing)


Bouncing in the exersaucer. He really likes it more when you sit there with him and engage him. I know, he's getting spoiled.
Being held, swaddled, AND rocked... Shocker...

Tummy time. He has always liked being on his tummy, but now he really kicks his legs like he's ready to start crawling. That grunt is classic Zayd!

The bath. I think he loves the bath more than anything else. There is a downside to this discovery. He hates getting out of the bath almost as much as he loves being in there.

It wouldn't be Zayd if I didn't talk a little bit about the things he doesn't like: He no longer enjoys the bouncy seat (believe me this shocked no one more than me!). He STILL doesn't like the swing (sore subject), and the car is still very sketchy.

The final and favorite new thing Zayd is doing... Smiling! It makes my heart melt every time!


No comments:

Post a Comment