Monday, December 7, 2009

Thanksgiving, Continued...

I'm realizing that my blog simply chronicles our life from weekend to weekend. That seems to be the only time anything notable happens. I think it is because the weekend is like catch up time for me and Zayd. It's our time to rebond after being apart for 4 days.

This weekend was particularly notable, because it was like a continuation of Thanksgiving. Not only was my sister here with her 2 kids, but also Nick's mom, sister, and brother-in-law were all in town. This was John and Talia's first visit with Zayd, and hopefully he didn't scare them away from ever wanting to have babies of their own. Okay, that's a slight exaggeration, but Zayd was a little touchy after his shots (that's the downside of being on top of the postings, I think I spoke a little too soon about his doctor visit).

So, Thursday night, Janet came over and cooked her famous salmon patties for us. It was delicious! Here she is with him.


Friday, we packed up and headed to the doctor in the morning, and John and Talia arrived that afternoon. We all stayed in and ate take-out. I put Zayd in his new little holiday PJ's. I have to say the stripes were pretty irresistible on him.




Saturday, the chaos began. My mom and sister decided to go shopping and leave Adam (my 6 month old nephew) with my dad. He was napping when they left and was supposed to sleep for at least 2 hours, but of course, he awoke right about the time my mom pulled into the Belk parking lot. So, Dad brought the little man downstairs to our condo. That child looked about as sleepy as Zayd used to look at 1 in the morning. So, we played with him and tried to keep him occupied. Then, we finally gave up and made him a bottle. John got some early practice with bottle feeding while watching the SEC Championship game and Talia finished it off and got him to go to sleep. Crisis averted.
Zayd was getting progressively more fussy Saturday night, so I decided to chill him out in the bathtub. I probably should have let him stay in there longer because he screamed from the minute we took him out until about an hour later when we finally got him calm enough to eat. Then he crashed. I blame it on the shots.

Here's the picture of little Adam. He couldn't cause trouble if he wanted to.

Here's Nick with Amira, my sister's almost 4 year-old daughter, and Zayd.

And here's Aunt Dima with Zayd

Sunday, we woke up in a haze and went to Silvertron cafe to have brunch before the fam had to head back up to Ohio. There were several families there with infant carriers, all presumably with babies in them. You wouldn't know it, because they weren't making a peep. Not ours. He made his presence known and as this picture documents, he had to be held at the table.

Here is Zayd in one of Aunt Talia's presents. It's an homage to Zayd's heritage (it says Ohio State, if you can't tell)

All in all, it was a great weekend. We had a great time visiting with everyone, and Aunt Talia and Uncle John got Zayd a great excersaucer, which I know he is going to love, and Nana Janet got Nicholas a baby carrier, so he can share the pleasure of babywearing. Here he is trying it out.



P.S. Zayd now has a morning routine that doesn't include screaming. He actually awakes calm and plays in the crib for 10-15 minutes. He stretches and yawns and makes all these cute faces. Here's a picture documenting this new phase which we adore!


3 comments:

  1. He is looking so much older and dare I say like his Uncle Faris these days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, I was going to say he was looking like his mama! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, thanks girls! I consider both a compliment ;)

    ReplyDelete