Monday, April 12, 2010

Just the 11 of Us

This weekend was the much anticipated Pacha family reunion. I say it like that because it really is rare that we (and by we, I mean the six of us in my immediate family) are ALL together. My brother Tarek and his son Jude came down from frigid Michigan and my sis and her kids Amira and Adam from warm sunny P'cola. We all gathered at the house where we grew up in Sylacauga. The weather was amazing and we had a blast together. Something about reuniting with your siblings makes you feel like a kid again. Oh, and maybe the fact that my 4 year old niece and nephew were running around like crazy people the whole weekend had something to do with it too.

My parents were beside themselves having almost all of the grandkids (my 16 month twin nieces stayed in Michigan with my sis-in-law) in one place, and I attempted to capture some of the moments with my camera. Although it was on fully automatic basically the whole time, I still felt somewhat like a photographer. You have to admit I had some good material to work with ;)

Here is my dad with our first borns Jude, Z, and Amira
This is Amira, my sister's oldest. I told her to freeze. I love this picture, although my sister says Amira's hair needs to be fixed.
This is Jude's first day of school pose. I could eat this kid up. He is SO smart and sweet, it's ridiculous

This was what he did when I said make a crazy face
Of course this is my boo. He was an angel the whole weekend (until last night, I think he was overstimulated from all the chaos, and arguably, so was I).  He slept in a pack n' play in the laundry room, and did it like a champ, I might add.
 
Just a little sweetness here
Look at those beautiful green eyes
 
Our little monkey!

The four of us (Dima, Tarek, Me, and Faris)
 
An attempt at a group shot, minus my mom and Nick. This is by no means the entire group. My sister's husband also had to stay in P'cola to work.

Me and my older sis. Even though I'm taller, I look up to her

Daddy and Z
This is a great picture to illustrate how different my brothers are

Family is everything, and I am so thankful to have mine. I love them all very much, and I can't wait for Z to get to know his amazingly cool aunts and uncles. 

No comments:

Post a Comment