Thursday, December 16, 2010

Anniversary

Today is our 4 year wedding anniversary. Lately, these special days kindof sneak up on me, what with celebrating Z's monthly "birthday," weekly advancements (we always seem to notice some new skill on Sundays because he was born on a Sunday), upcoming well checks, etc. Basically, when you have a child, your significant milestones go out the window.

With this anniversary post there is going to be a sappy story, so if you don't care for sap, stop reading here.

Yesterday a box from Amazon with a card that read "Meant to be, Happy Anniversary" arrived on my doorstep. I instantly knew what was inside because of the reference. You see, many years ago when Nick and I were still in our courting stage (yeah, I know, but it sounds better than 'dating'), I told him how sad I was that I could not find my size in these great flats that I really wanted, and I said "Oh, well I guess it's not meant to be for me to have them." The next day, I found on my doorstep a box with a note that read "Meant to be." In it contained the exact flats I had been speaking of (in my size, I might add). In that moment, I reaffirmed that this guy was a keeper, not only was he a great listener, but he even knew how to pick out the right shoes and the right size. In case you are wondering they were studded Steve Madden flats similar to these:
The shoes I received this year that were "meant to be" were also a pair I had gently hinted to him that I liked. Leopard print danskos. He really snuck this one in on me, because I didn't think we were giving each other gifts.

Dansko Women's Professional Patent Leather Clog,Brown Leopard,39 EU / 8.5-9 M US
The point of the story is I am very thankful to have married the most genuine, thoughtful, and loving guy in the world, and that I'm so blessed that we were "meant to be."

1 comment:

  1. AWWW!! He is a super sweet guy and you are a super sweet girl!! I definitely think y'all weren't meant to be! Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete