Monday, May 9, 2011

Mother's Day Weekend Part 1

I am so thankful to be a mother. It is the best job in the world, and I hope I NEVER take it for granted. This weekend we went out to eat Saturday and Sunday night in honor of Mother's Day. Saturday, my mom and I had a shopping day and met the boys at Cheesecake Factory. Two things happened this night. One, Z met a dog and couldn't stop hugging it.
 Now, I think dogs are great, and I know most of you own dogs, but we are not the dog owning type. Thankfully, almost every one of our neighbors is and does, so Z will get plenty of exposure, but please don't let this picture fool you into thinking the Gax's are going to get a dog (note: this is mostly due to me and not my hubs, as he is very good with dogs and grew up with them, he would want me to point that out if he were standing over my shoulder right now).

Next, Z went berserk in Barnes and Noble and ended up receiving his beloved Elmo doll as a gift from his Nuna. He clung onto Elmo like he was his only friend in the world the whole way home.

Later that night:

That's one happy kid.

Here are a couple more pictures from the restaurant. Our Chicco clip-on chair works great, and Lord knows we love it, however, Z has now found a way to stand up in it. I did not take any pictures of said phenomenon so as not to make you think I am a crazy mom who lets her child stand up in his chair. When he does it, he looks at us, like "yeah, that's right, I'm standing up in my chair right now, what are you going to do about it?" In this picture, he is sitting in a booster seat, however.


I believe we might have been singing in this picture, or he was throwing food at me... Another note: his father dressed him this day.

In other news, Z has learned the word "No!" and it comes out something like this "Noooo!" And, it's loud and he looks real serious when he says it. I wish I could be mad about it, but it's too cute.

1 comment:

  1. Soooo cute! What a lovely Mother's day weekend! You never know...that adorable face might convince you to get a dog oneday....never say never:)

    ReplyDelete