Thursday, May 5, 2011

These Days

Z's newest activity is climbing up, down, over, whenever, wherever. I wasn't sure whether I should post these videos because he almost lands on his head a couple of times, and I am just sitting there camera in hand, but hopefully my readers know me better than to call DHR for a couple of little supervised slips dismounts.


Z is 19 months now and is all about Dora and Elmo these days. The past few days he has come home from school saying Elmoo Elmoo. He loves watching youtube videos on my phone of Sesame Street, nursery rhymes, alphabet songs, pretty much anything as long as it's on that small screen. His love for Dora really lies in the backpack. Whenever he sees that part he gets so excited and yells "ba-pa, ba-pa." I've been known to rewind the backpack portion of the show and replay it for him in order to elicit said response.

He recognizes several letters of the alphabet now and loves to be sung to. His favorites are If You're Happy and You Know It and Wheels on the Bus because he likes to do the hand motions with them. Whenever he is upset or starts whining all you have to do is sing and he gets so excited. Speaking of happy, he is (thank God) a happy child. He just wants to laugh and play all the time, and it is so uplifting to be around. Don't get me wrong, he whines from time to time and is a pill when he gets tired, but I feel so blessed to be around him because it is a joy!

Oh, and I must take a moment to mention the most fabulous Royal Wedding. I DVRed it, and Z slept in a little bit, so I got to watch all of the coverage leading up to the big moment, then I got Z up and we watched the wedding together. He was actually into it, and I loved it! The past couple of weeks are historical for many reasons, and I'm just glad that one of them is so joyful and happy. I soaked it all in, and I'm not ashamed.

3 comments:

  1. Just thinking back to last year about this time when we were worried because he wasn't crawling yet. He is making up for it now with the climbing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. MC and Z have the same favorite songs!!! We really have GOT to get them together. Are y'all around the weekend of May 21?

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the new pics! He is starting to look like a big boy!!!!!! Standing up straight, hair and cheeks a little less chubby!!!!! XO

    ReplyDelete