Tuesday, July 31, 2012

2 Month Check-up

We had Lu’s 2 month check up on Friday (11 days past her 2 month birthday). Thankfully, everything went well. Z was really on his best behavior too to the point that the nurse and the doctor commented on how quiet he was and he got a Dora sticker for being so good. Thankfully, we barely even had a wait.

Lu’s stats were great! She’s 10 pounds 10 ounces (40th percentile) and 24 and 1/2 inches, which even though she was really still during the measuring, we were doubting a little because that puts her in the 95th percentile. She had 4 shots, which did cause a fair amount of screaming, but she got over it super quick. She was a little fussy that evening, but generally seemed to sleep it off. Here’s how she compared to Z at the same point.

photo(18)

We went to McDonald’s drive-thru after for Z and he ate like a champ.

We spent the evening at the condo (Z’s favorite), but he was a pill that night because he didn’t take a nap, instead he played in his room for about 2 hours, something he’s been doing more often these days.

The next day went back to the condo to swim and let me tell you, my child is fearless in the water. He nearly gave me a heart attack. Nick and Dad had already told me how he liked to jump off the side to them, and they had to remind him to wait for them and count before he jumps, but I witnessed it for myself on Saturday. All I see in my head when I think about that day is his little face as he hurls his body towards the water. Thankfully, I had just bought him this puddlejumper, so I was a little less freaked out. I’m thankful he’s not scared of the water, but a healthy respect would be nice!

photo 1photo 2

Saturday night we went to a dinner, and Z had a blast because he had his bff, cousin Jude! He and Lu were actually both very good, and we had a great time visiting with friends.

photo 1 (3)photo 2 (3)

Lu slept really well the whole weekend, and we had a great time! I can’t believe how big she’s getting!

photo(19)

1 comment:

  1. McDonalds is really bad for you. Why don't you chose healthier options for your children? Just a friendly tip! :D

    ReplyDelete