Friday, July 27, 2012

Update on Dora

I am happy to report that the love for Dora has returned! Just 2 days after the incident, Z is back watching his little friends! Whew, that was a close one!

He also loves Super Why and Curious George as well as Dora and Mario (videos on youtube of people playing various versions of Super Mario Bros. going as far back as Mario Bros. 1 on NES!). Nana and Tata just bought him these Mario pajamas and Mario doll to represent the love.

photo(17)

When he watches Super Why, he insists on having his “tool.” The “tool” is a part of a toy he got months ago with a happy meal that just happens to resemble what I am guessing is a pen (or a stylus, maybe?) on Super Why (we just put this all together this morning). Whenever he sees Super Why, he shouts “I need my tool!” He also goes around the house “fixing” things with his tool. It’s the little things with kids!

Here is a picture of the “tool.”                                    And Super Why with his “tool”
6843789555_060d1ac7be_b                                          super-why-boy_0

The tool is tricky. It gets lodged between the cushions of the couch and lately has even gone to bed with Z. I’m praying we keep track of the tool because McDonald’s has unfortunately moved on to Madagascar toys, so replacing the coveted tool would be quite difficult.

I am probably going to start a periodic post dedicated to Z sayings just because I want to document them, and I think they're funny. One thing he did yesterday made us laugh so I wanted to write about it. I have been trying to teach him how to spell his name (not to take all the credit because they probably do it at school too), but this weekend after he had been saying Z-Y-D, it finally clicked and he said Z-A-Y-D, Zayd (that was after he saw someone with a Z on his shirt on TV and said "Z for Zayd!"). So, I was trying to tell him that he can spell Mama too: "M-A-M-A." Then I asked him to spell Mama and he said "M-M-M-M." I (the biased mother) thought that was pretty stinking hilarious. In case you want proof of his new skill, here's video.


2 comments:

  1. I can't believe he can spell his name!! What a little smartie ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad Dora is back! He is so smart, like his Mom and Dad!

    ReplyDelete