Thursday, July 12, 2012

8 Weeks

Lu’s 8 weeks old now, and I managed to snap a few pictures yesterday on her 8 week birthday.

IMG_8213

She is still spending her mornings with our nanny and the afternoons with my mom. I think Lu is wearing mom out, but she always tells me "she's worth it!" I am so appreciative that she’s willing to do it for us to keep her home just a little longer


IMG_8222

Lu pretty much only cries when she’s sleepy or hungry (or in the car), and she’s really starting to like sitting under her playmat, the changing table, and her mobile. Her smiles are becoming more frequent, although still difficult to photograph.

She pretty consistently takes a 2-2.5 hour nap first thing in the morning, then a shorter nap after her 9/10 o'clock feeding, and another nap from about 1:30-4. The rest of the evening consists of catnaps in between feedings. The only time she skipped that afternoon nap was when Nick went out house hunting and to Golfsmith with my brother one Sunday. That day she and Z both woke up too soon (right when I was about to fall asleep for a nap). Classic, huh?!

Her nights basically alternate between 9/10 to 5/6 (a full night) and 8/9 to 3/4 for a feeding then asleep till 7. I'm not sure which schedule is going to stick just yet. Sometimes when she gets up to feed, she's pretty fussy even after, so I'm thinking she really doesn't want to be up at that hour (that's what I'm telling myself anyway).
 




IMG_8206


IMG_8217

We are settling into our new routine, which many days includes a trip home during lunch, then back to work, then back home to pick up Lu, then to Z’s school, then back home. I am thankful Z can really entertain himself once home (lately with the PBS kids app on the iPad and episodes of Curious George). I am also thankful my mom has been cooking for us, because otherwise, I think we would all be eating pb sandwiches every night!

He loves his bowling set that Aunt Shelley got him for his second birthday. He always wants to go "play bowling downstairs," which his baba or my mom will entertain on some evenings thankfully, because Lord knows I don't have it in me on most days. 

I really can't believe it has been 5 weeks since we had these pictures made! Heather did an amazing job even though Lu gave her a real run for her money!

No comments:

Post a Comment