Thursday, August 16, 2012

Most Likely to Become...

Warning: The following post contains biased mom bragging.

Yesterday was Z's end of the year party at school, and even with all the finagling we could manage, I got there right as it was ending. I'm thinking that will NEVER happen again if I can control it! But, thankfully my mom was there and I was able to get the summary from the teachers. The highlight: Z's award...


I tried so hard to get a pose of him holding the certificate correctly, but it was not easy after uninhibited consumption of m&m's and ice cream (due to aforementioned grandmother supervision at party).

 





I was a proud mama! His other accomplishments:
1. Graduating to underwear (to go along with that he woke up completely DRY this morning, hallelujah!)
2. Recognizing all the letters (he's been doing that for a while now)
3. Knowing the months of the year (we didn't even know he could do that, but he demonstrated for us last night)
4. Spelling his name (he can spell Mama and Baba too)
5. Recognizing all the shapes (including polygons)
6. Recognizing all the colors
7. Counting to 16 (I've heard him go higher)
8. Counting to 10 in Spanish

*I sincerely apologize for the parenthetical biased bragging mom remarks. It really is intended for my own record keeping purposes

Next stop for Z, K-3 and his first soccer program, Soccer Shots!
Next stop for me, soccer mom! 
Just kidding

2 comments:

  1. Very smart & very cute! They grow so fast, don't they??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go Zayd! What a smartie! For all the times C watches Dora I don't think she can say one thing in Spanish! :) One day when I picked her up from school, her teacher was so proud to show me that she knew what a trapezoid was. I barely remembered what shape that was myself. :) It's amazing what all they learn!

    ReplyDelete