Thursday, August 9, 2012

More Coos Less Cries

Now that Lu is 12 weeks and she’s a regular at school, she is really becoming more independent. She still loves to be held but as of this week, she seems more content to sit in her car seat, under a playmat, or under the mobile and just smile and coo. The other day she was “talking” up a storm in the car and Z tried to imitate her, then he started fake laughing and said “That’s so funny!”


Speaking of Z, I have noticed that he is intentionally making more complete sentences, like “I colored with Graham today” or “I don’t want any more pasta.” He also likes to tell stories, which is a good bit of babbling with a few words mixed in, and lots of head bobbing and facial expressions to go along with it. He especially does this at night as a stall tactic. Right before we close the door he starts talking full speed to get our attention. And, speaking of bedtime, he has so many things that he sleeps with these days, we can not even see him in the video monitor anymore. Let’s see if I can remember them all:

Winnies (2), Elmo, Blue (a LARGE stuffed animal version of the beloved dog that I bought for his second birthday party), Christopher (a stuffed bear that Nana got him from Hallmark that talks when you read his accompanying books), 2 to 3 Dora books, a toy airplane, his tool, a tiny racecar from my treasure box at work, and a stress ball in the shape of a heart that my dad gave him from the Sylacauga hospital.

Now not all of these items have to be in the bed at all times, but more often than not they are, and I just realized they are mostly gifts from other people or free as in the heart and the tool. What he sees in these things, I just don’t know.

The first week of school has been going as well as can be expected considering this is also the week Z’s teachers have decided to go hard core on the potty training. He has been wearing underwear all week, and they take them to the bathroom every hour. The first two days he only had 1 accident, and yesterday he had 2, but they said both times he yelled “I have to go!” right before he went, so I guess that is progress.

We have also had 2 accidents at home, the first one because I was working with the baby and totally forgot to remind him about going and the second one was a number 2 accident (incidentally about 20 minutes after I had cleaned up a major blowout from baby sister). I’m hoping that potty training has to get bad before it gets better, because right now, I’m thinking it’s pretty bad. We’ve decided to try and stick with the underwear so we can move forward and not regress. It’s probably gonna be a messy weekend….



No comments:

Post a Comment